how was the week so far – have you been exposed to a lot of food ads?
Did you notice more getting exposed to advertising and does it affect you shopping choices?
(In case you missed my article last week, we have been talking about how food ads drive our thinking and buying behavior > find a copy here )
A healthy meal contains lean protein, fresh vegetables and a modest serving of whole grains – that’s a good rule of thumb however the following ideas should inspire you do explore more.
LITTLE RULE BOX (to take or break)
Just as importantly, a healthy meal should NOT contain:
Refined sugar / corn syrup
Fried / fatty food
Full fat dairy food
Processed food with chemical additives
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. What you decide to eat when you first wake up will set the tone for the rest of your meals that day. Try these healthy options:
- Scrambled egg whites, sliced tomato and whole grain toast
- Whole grain oatmeal, sliced fruit and a protein shake
- Homemade breakfast sandwich: Multi-grain English muffin with lean turkey slices and egg
It is important to plan your lunch ahead of time in order to avoid turning to a fast food joint or vending machine. Pack your lunch the night before and carry it with you. Try these healthy options:
- Dark baby greens topped with chopped chicken breast and diced tomatoes
- Albacore tuna (packed in water), mixed with finely chopped cucumber over brown rice
- Homemade sandwich: Sprouted grain bread with lean turkey slices, lettuce, tomato and mustard
Dinner is the meal where most people splurge and eat far more calories than they should. Eating at home is the first step in reducing your dinnertime calories. Try these healthy options:
- Grilled white fish, sautéed spinach and whole wheat couscous
- Baked chicken breast, steamed broccoli and brown rice
- Try the recipe for Chicken Quinoa Stir Fry below
While healthy eating is a huge factor in achieving your ideal weight, exercise is the other half of the equation.
Your exercise routine should be challenging and should be done on a regular basis.
I know that you have more than enough in your life to think about without having to plan your own exercise routine. Leave that job to me—call or email today to get started on a personalized fitness program that will leave your body no choice but to shed those unwanted pounds.