Healthy Choice: 4 All-star Christmas Cookie Recipes revisited
- Pistachio Bisquits
- Soft Molasses Cookies
- Lime Honey Drop Cookies
We took these 4 All-star Christmas Cookie Recipes and cut and tweaked them for guilt free snacking under 100 cal.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flours, cream of tartar and baking soda; set aside. In a large bowl, beat almond butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add the honey. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour mixture as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour mixture. Divide the dough in half. Wrap and chill dough for 2 hours, or until easy to handle.
- Heat oven to 190° C degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper; set aside. In a small bowl, mix together 3 tablespoons granulated sugar and the cinnamon. Roll dough into small balls (about 1 inch in diameter), then roll the balls in the sugar mixture. Place balls about 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets. Flatten balls slightly, if desired.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Remove and cool on wire racks.
PER SERVING: 58 cal., 2 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 11 g carb. (1 g fiber), 1 g protein
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside. Cream margarine, honey and lime zest until light and fluffy. Blend in honey, vanilla and egg. Beat in flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time and combine well. Add yogurt and blend well. Drop by tablespoons on prepared baking sheet and bake at 190° C degrees for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Whisk together honey, lime juice and cream cheese and brush over cookies and sprinkle with lime zest.
93 calories, 1g protein, 14g carbohydrate, 4g fat, 0.8g saturated fat, 1g fiber, 113mg sodium
- Mix the almond butter and honey . Add the flours, salt, baking powder, lemon zest, and ground pistachios. Mix thoroughly, then add the eggs and mix until dough comes together. Divide dough into four equal parts and on a lightly floured surface roll dough with your palms into four logs approximately 10″ long and 2″ in diameter. Place logs 3″ apart on greased cookie sheet or parchment paper.
- Bake at 190° C degrees until lightly brown, approximately 25-30 minutes. Let cool, then slice each log into 1/2″ thick diagonal slices. Place cut side up on cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes longer, until crisp.
PER SERVING: 59 cal., 3 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 32 mg sodium, 7 g carb. (1 g fiber), 2 g protein
- Preheat oven to 190° degrees C.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, ginger and cinnamon and stir well. Mix the butter and honey. Add the egg and continue to beat until smooth. Beat in the molasses and fold in half of the flour mixture. Add the hot water and fold in the remaining flour. With a tablespoon, drop onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
PER SERVING: 82 cal., 3 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 90 mg sodium, 13 g carb. 1 g protein
Like the post? Share with friends and family below!